This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadTreeView

1 Answer 44 Views
TreeView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Chandi
Top achievements
Rank 1
Chandi asked on 25 Jan 2011, 07:48 AM
Hi,

I have two RadTreeView controls. Those will be named as "LeftTreeView" and "RightTreeView".

LeftTreeView :
    1.     Nodes should be able to drag and drop only from LeftTreeView to RightTreeView
    2.     Nodes can't be able to move within the LeftTreeView
    3.     After moved nodes from LeftTreeView to RightTreeView, nodes will be remove from LeftTreeView and add to RightTreeView. But I  want to remain dragged nodes in LeftTreeView after successfully drag from LeftTreeView to RightTreeView.

RightTreeView :
    1.    Nodes should be able to drag and drop only inside the RightTreeView.
    2.    Nodes can't be able to drag and drop from RightTreeView to LeftTreeView

How can I implement above features.
Please, if anyone can help me it will be very appreciate.

Thank You,
Chandi

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Petar Mladenov
Telerik team
answered on 25 Jan 2011, 09:14 AM
Hello Chandi,

I am sending you a sample demonstrating a complex scenario when using drag and drop between 2 RadTreeViews. Please examine it and let us know how it goes. Note that the events usually fire for both the left and the right treevieas and some checks are always needed. I think the project is a good starting point so you should be able to customize it according to your needs. Feel free to ask if you need further assistance. You can also chek out this article describing DND feature and this article describing RadDragAndDropmanager.

All the best,
Petar Mladenov
the Telerik team
Let us know about your Windows Phone 7 application built with RadControls and we will help you promote it. Learn more>>
Tags
TreeView
Asked by
Chandi
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Petar Mladenov
Telerik team
Share this question
or