This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadComboBox in DataForm

3 Answers 58 Views
ComboBox
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Helen
Top achievements
Rank 2
Helen asked on 09 Jan 2011, 05:16 AM
Does anyone have an example of using a RadComboBox in a DataForm for a lookup, and the selected item bound to a property in the parent collection? I'm having an absolutely miserable time getting what I expected to be a simple thing to actually work.

Help!

Helen

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
George
Telerik team
answered on 13 Jan 2011, 11:16 AM
Hi Helen,

Unfortunately, we don't have such example, demonstrating how to use RadComboBox in DataForm.

I would suggest you to refer to the following forum thread - http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/silverlight/combobox/radcombobox-within-dataform-did-not-apply-changes-after-committed.aspx 

I hope this helps.

Regards,
George
the Telerik team
Let us know about your Windows Phone 7 application built with RadControls and we will help you promote it. Learn more>>
Helen
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 14 Jan 2011, 12:50 AM
Don't worry, after a bazillion kluges I finally got it to work. I doubt the problems were due to your RadComboBox, they were due to the bugs in the DataForm. For one thing, you would think that when the DataForm is disabled, all the Controls it contains would also be disabled. Not so! In particular, the ComboBox and a Button have to be handled carefully in code.

Please, please, please add a DataForm to your contols!!!

Please?
Almond
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 16 Feb 2011, 02:18 AM
Helen,

I would just like to ask if you can share your solution. I am in the same dilemma and need something like what you have implemented and since I am very very new in SL4 and VS2010 I can't seem to have it working :(

Thanks in advance.
Tags
ComboBox
Asked by
Helen
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
George
Telerik team
Helen
Top achievements