This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Progress Bar

4 Answers 235 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Kaushal
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kaushal asked on 30 Nov 2010, 12:37 PM
Hi ALL,

I have one progress rad window page, when any operation perform i need to open that page,i have one timer control on page, on timer tick event i have check the current stage of running process and according to that i am defining label value, but now i want ProgressBar on same page, when any process will run Process Page should open and progress bar will display the current status of process...same like In windows 7 when we try to copy the content the process of copying progress bar.please help me and is it possible with telerik progress bar control? or any suggestion.

Thanks

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
answered on 30 Nov 2010, 02:12 PM
Hello Kaushal,

In your scenario I would suggest you to add Ajax functionality on the page and use the RadAjaxLoadingPanel control for achieving the required functionality. Please refer to the following help topics for more information on this matter:
http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/ajx-how-it-works.html

http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/ajxloadingpanel.html

I hope this helps.

Sincerely yours,
Maria Ilieva
the Telerik team
Browse the vast support resources we have to jumpstart your development with RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. See how to integrate our AJAX controls seamlessly in SharePoint 2007/2010 visiting our common SharePoint portal.
Kaushal
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 30 Nov 2010, 03:13 PM
Hi Maria,

Thanks for your reply, i have check the functionality regarding RadAjaxLoadingPanel, but it not so usefull to me, because what actually i need, when user comes on progress page some of the data will be insert in database while performing this operation progress bar will be displayed according to progress status.are this not possible using RadProgressBar control? If you have any usefull suggestion than it would be very appriciated and helpful to me.

Thanks.
Kiara
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 30 Nov 2010, 03:36 PM
I want to throw you the proposal to use RadProgressArea for custom progress monitoring as showcased here.

Kiara
Kaushal
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 01 Dec 2010, 05:32 AM
Hi Kiara,

Thanks for reference link, i have checked that demo application regarding RadProgressArea, but its not integrate with my requirement, how can i set the value to RadProgressArea,how can i remove upper progress horizontal bar, i want only second horizontal progress bar type, if you have more clarification or demo code related to my requirement than it would be very useful to me.

Thanks
Kaushal.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Kaushal
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
Kaushal