Unknown server tag telerik:RadButton

3 posts, 1 answers
  1. Brad
    Brad avatar
    39 posts

Posted 11 Nov 2010 Link to this post

I went through the upgrade wizard, but when I rebuild and go back to the wizard, it tells me that the currently used RadControls version is 2010.2.713.40 and suggests that I upgrade to 2010.2.929.40. When I click Get Latest Version, it says nothing newer found.

I upgrade to 2010.2.929.40 successfully. Then the wizard says I'm on 2010.2.290.40 (yay!) and that 2010.3.1109.40 is available (yay!) so I upgrade to it (just click next a few times), again it seems successful and the upgrade wizard now shows that I'm running 2010.3.1009.40 (yay!). I've done this process three times now.

Here's where it gets interesting: I have a RadButton that I coded directly in Source view. The error list shows no issues. I rebuild. Boom: error (as listed in title). Go to the upgrade wizard and oops, I'm back on 2010.2.713.40.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I can verify the following:

My Telerik.Web.UI.dll.refresh points to
    C:\blahblahblah\Telerik\Updates\Telerik.Web.UI_2010_3_1109_Dev_hotfix\Bin40\Telerik.Web.UI.dll

The version of the dll associated with my project is 21010.3.1109.40

I have the tagPrefix defined in the web.config
    <add tagPrefix="telerik" namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" assembly="Telerik.Web.UI"/>

I have the HTTP handlers in the web.config

<httpHandlers>
          <add path="ChartImage.axd" type="Telerik.Web.UI.ChartHttpHandler" verb="*" validate="false"/>
          <add path="Telerik.Web.UI.SpellCheckHandler.axd" type="Telerik.Web.UI.SpellCheckHandler" verb="*" validate="false"/>
          <add path="Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler.aspx" type="Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler" verb="*" validate="false"/>
          <add path="Telerik.RadUploadProgressHandler.ashx" type="Telerik.Web.UI.RadUploadProgressHandler" verb="*" validate="false"/>
          <add path="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd" type="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource" verb="*" validate="false"/>
        </httpHandlers>
        <httpModules>
          <add name="RadUploadModule" type="Telerik.Web.UI.RadUploadHttpModule"/>
          <add name="RadCompression" type="Telerik.Web.UI.RadCompression"/>
        </httpModules>
        <handlers>
          <remove name="ChartImage_axd"/>
          <remove name="Telerik_Web_UI_SpellCheckHandler_axd"/>
          <remove name="Telerik_Web_UI_DialogHandler_aspx"/>
          <remove name="Telerik_RadUploadProgressHandler_ashx"/>
          <remove name="Telerik_Web_UI_WebResource_axd"/>
          <add name="ChartImage_axd" path="ChartImage.axd" type="Telerik.Web.UI.ChartHttpHandler" verb="*" preCondition="integratedMode"/>
          <add name="Telerik_Web_UI_SpellCheckHandler_axd" path="Telerik.Web.UI.SpellCheckHandler.axd" type="Telerik.Web.UI.SpellCheckHandler" verb="*" preCondition="integratedMode"/>
          <add name="Telerik_Web_UI_DialogHandler_aspx" path="Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler.aspx" type="Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler" verb="*" preCondition="integratedMode"/>
          <add name="Telerik_RadUploadProgressHandler_ashx" path="Telerik.RadUploadProgressHandler.ashx" type="Telerik.Web.UI.RadUploadProgressHandler" verb="*" preCondition="integratedMode"/>
          <add name="Telerik_Web_UI_WebResource_axd" path="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd" type="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource" verb="*" preCondition="integratedMode"/>
        </handlers>

2. Answer
    Erjan Gavalji
    Admin
    Erjan Gavalji avatar
    1455 posts

Posted 12 Nov 2010 Link to this post

Hi Brad,

Thanks for the detailed info! That's strange.

Here are some places to check:

Could it be that you have the Telerik.Web.UI assembly versioned 2010.2.713.40 in a "special" folder, like [VisualStudioInstallDir]\Common7\IDE, [VisualStudioInstallDir]\Common7\IDE\PrivateAssemblies, [VisualStudioInstallDir]\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies?

Can you check the web.config for a GAC-registered Telerik.Web.UI reference (<assemblies><add assembly="Telerik.Web.UI, ...")?

Can you check if a page/ascx user control has a <% Register directive with a fully qualified assembly name for a RadControl?

Does the WebSite project reference your custom ControlLibrary project, that in turn references the "older" Telerik.Web.UI assembly - 2010.2.713.40?

Best,
    Erjan Gavalji
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
  3. UI for ASP.NET Ajax is Ready for VS 2017
  4. Brad
    Brad avatar
    39 posts

Posted 12 Nov 2010 Link to this post

BINGO!

Does the WebSite project reference your custom ControlLibrary project,
    that in turn references the "older" Telerik.Web.UI assembly - 2010.2.713.40?

Thanks!