This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Installation Error

7 Answers 51 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Chris Thierry
Top achievements
Rank 1
Chris Thierry asked on 22 Jun 2010, 07:50 PM
Hi, I'm trying to install RadControls for Silverlight 4 and I'm having this error at the end of the installation, please check the attached image.
Thank you.

7 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Milan
Telerik team
answered on 23 Jun 2010, 07:00 AM
Hello Chris Thierry,

May I ask you to run the setup with logging enabled and send us the log file which will help us to pinpoint the problem.

You can use the following command to enable logging:

msiexec /i radcontrols-setup.msi /l*v .\install.log

Regards,
Milan
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Chris Thierry
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 23 Jun 2010, 01:51 PM
I'm using this file "RadControls_for_Silverlight_4_2010_1_0603_DEV.msi" to install the application, should I run it like this?

msiexec /i radcontrols_for_silverlight_4_2010_1_0603_dev.msi /l*v .\install.log

to be able to generate the log?
Thank you.

Milan
Telerik team
answered on 23 Jun 2010, 02:32 PM
Hi Chris Thierry,

This is the correct way to run the setup with logging.

Best wishes,
Milan
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Chris Thierry
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 23 Jun 2010, 09:50 PM
I'm using .net framework 4.0.
Thank you.
Erjan Gavalji
Telerik team
answered on 24 Jun 2010, 03:31 PM
Hi Chris,

We are working on reproducing the error now. Can you please, tell us which operating system do you have?

Kind regards,
Erjan Gavalji
the Telerik team
Erjan Gavalji
Telerik team
answered on 24 Jun 2010, 03:34 PM
Hi Chris,

Let's use the parallel support ticket for the communication and update the forum thread once we find the problem and a solution for it.

Kind regards,
Erjan Gavalji
the Telerik team
Accepted
Erjan Gavalji
Telerik team
answered on 01 Jul 2010, 11:15 AM
Hi all,

To summarize, the problem was caused by missing .NET Framework 2.0 on Chris's machine. We are investigating the possibilities to handle this in the next official version of the RadControls for Silverlight installer. For the time being, the workaround is to download and install .NET Framework 2.0.

Cheers,
Erjan Gavalji
the Telerik team
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Chris Thierry
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Milan
Telerik team
Chris Thierry
Top achievements
Rank 1