This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Drill Down

9 Answers 122 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Jeff Wickersham
Top achievements
Rank 1
Jeff Wickersham asked on 18 May 2010, 01:43 PM
Ok...so I read the post of known limitations for Telerik reporting dated July 2008 and see that drill down reporting is not supported.
Here it is 2010 and I cannot believe that a premium priced "reporting tool" is lacking this core functionality...when can we expect to have that feature in the tool?

thanks

9 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Peter
Telerik team
answered on 19 May 2010, 03:24 PM
Hi Jeff Wickersham,

Thank you for your feedback.

The Q2 2010 release of Telerik Reporting (expected in July) will provide interactive reports, starting by allowing end users to drill through reports and subreports, to jump to other sections in a report, and to go to external web URLs.

Regards,
Peter
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Charlie
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 17 Jun 2010, 04:11 PM
Hey Peter,

Will there be a Q2 Beta for Telerik Reporting?  Most of the other Telerik Products are releasing Q2 Beta.  I have been waiting for the Drill-down feature for about 2 years now.

Thanks,

Charlie J.
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 18 Jun 2010, 05:18 PM
Hello Charlie,

As my colleague has explained in the previous post (and as outlined in the the product Roadmap), our plans for the Q2 release include drill through, navigating to other sections in a report or external web URLs. Drill down functionality would not be present in the Q2 release.

Anyway the Q2 release is scheduled for mid July. As the time frame is closing in and we have still a lot of work to do on that release, we would probably restrain from posting a public beta since this would only slow us down more.

Thank you for the patience and understanding.

Best wishes,
Steve
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Charlie
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 21 Jun 2010, 07:52 PM
I am confussed, so drilling-down into a subreport will not be supported in Q2?  Because the Roadmap  is saying that it will.

Interactive Reports

Q2 2010 will be the first Telerik Reporting version to provide interactive reports, by allowing end users to drill through reports and subreports, to jump to other sections in a report, and to go to external web URLs. This functionality will be provided by using hyperlinks.

Thanks,

Charlie J.
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 22 Jun 2010, 05:36 AM
Hello Charlie,

There is a difference between drill down and drill through that most people overlook: drill down vs drill through.

Regards,
Steve
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Charlie
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 23 Jun 2010, 12:06 AM
Thanks Steve.  I see the difference now.
Lior ef
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Aug 2010, 12:27 PM
hi,

i understand the difference between drill down and drill through.
as of Q2 2010, Telerik reporting offer an interactive report and drill through action.
will Telerik offer a drill down action in the future?

thanks.
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 24 Aug 2010, 09:13 AM
Hi Lior ef,

We do have plans to implement drill-down for subsequent versions of the product, but cannot engage with a time frame at this point. Once we start working on it, we would reflect this in the product Roadmap.

Sincerely yours,
Steve
the Telerik team
Vassil Petev
Telerik team
answered on 11 Nov 2010, 10:41 AM
Hello,

We are happy to announce that Reporting Q3 2010 offers drill down interactive functionality for all report items, but charting (a workaround for charting is posted here). Q3 2010 was released yesterday.

Review What's New in Q3 2010 Reporting and check the more technical Q3 release notes.

The Q3 version with drill down reporting is available for download in your account.

Enjoy and send us your feedback!

Sincerely yours,
Vassil
the Telerik team
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Jeff Wickersham
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Peter
Telerik team
Charlie
Top achievements
Rank 2