This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Grid Hierarchy ?

3 Answers 41 Views
Grid
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Jason Bourdette
Top achievements
Rank 1
Jason Bourdette asked on 15 May 2010, 09:59 PM
I have a grid and I have added a Hierarchy which is working good but I was wondering if there is a way to selectively show the expand grid button based on content in a column.

For example if my first column is an order number and I want to have a nested Hierarchy but only for order numbers in the column that begin with a certain text string.

thx
jason

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 17 May 2010, 05:36 AM
Hello Jason,

Try the following code snippet to show/hide expand grid button based on the content in a column.

C#:
 protected void RadGrid1_PreRender(object sender, EventArgs e) 
    { 
        foreach (GridDataItem item in RadGrid1.MasterTableView.Items) 
        { 
            if (item["OrderID"].Text == "10249")//your condition 
            { 
                TableCell cell = item["ExpandColumn"]; 
                cell.Controls.Clear(); 
            } 
        } 
    } 

Regards,
Shinu.

Jason Bourdette
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 27 May 2010, 08:11 PM
Just getting back around to looking at this code, and I see what it is doing but this is not exactly what i had in mind. I want to effect a nested grid not the top level grid.

is there something like RadGrid1.DetailsTableView.Items  (this didnt work but is there something like it?)

thanks
Radoslav
Telerik team
answered on 31 May 2010, 02:06 PM
Hello Jason,

Please check out the following online documentation article which explains how to hide expand/collapse images when no records:
http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/grdhideexpandcollapseimageswhennorecords.html

You could modify the code snippets and hide expand/collapse buttons based on content in a column:

I hope this helps.

Sincerely yours,
Radoslav
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Tags
Grid
Asked by
Jason Bourdette
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
Jason Bourdette
Top achievements