This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Multi-Column Menu

7 Answers 196 Views
Menu
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
DanHoughton
Top achievements
Rank 1
DanHoughton asked on 02 Apr 2010, 09:34 PM
Hello,

I'm trying to use the RadMenu with multiple columns.  When I set RepeatColumns in the DefaultGroupSettings to 2 I get one column and a second column of white space.  When I set repeatColumns to3, I get two columns with one column of whitespace.  I also can't figure out how to cause a break from column one to column two - it is breaking between items 4 and 5 out of a list of 10.  Goofy.

Attached is a .jpg of what the display looks like and the code is below.  Any ideas what is going on?  Thanks.

Dan

Code:
<telerik:RadMenu ID="Testing" runat="server" CollapseDelay="60000"  > 
    <DefaultGroupSettings RepeatColumns="3" RepeatDirection="Vertical" /> 
    <Items> 
        <telerik:RadMenuItem runat="server" Text="Root RadMenuItem1">  
            <Items> 
                <telerik:RadMenuItem runat="server" Text="Child RadMenuItem 1" /> 
                <telerik:RadMenuItem runat="server" Text="Child RadMenuItem 2" /> 
                <telerik:RadMenuItem runat="server" Text="Child RadMenuItem 3" /> 
                <telerik:RadMenuItem runat="server" Text="Child RadMenuItem 4" /> 
                <telerik:RadMenuItem runat="server" Text="Child RadMenuItem 5" /> 
                <telerik:RadMenuItem runat="server" Text="Child RadMenuItem 6" /> 
                <telerik:RadMenuItem runat="server" Text="Child RadMenuItem 7" /> 
                <telerik:RadMenuItem runat="server" Text="Child RadMenuItem 8" /> 
                <telerik:RadMenuItem runat="server" Text="Child RadMenuItem 9" /> 
                <telerik:RadMenuItem runat="server" Text="Child RadMenuItem 10" /> 
            </Items> 
        </telerik:RadMenuItem> 
    </Items> 
</telerik:RadMenu> 

7 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
T. Tsonev
Telerik team
answered on 07 Apr 2010, 12:56 PM
Hi Dan,

Here's how it looks here:

Can you, please, check that you're not changing the width of ul and li elements inside RadMenu with CSS?

Kind regards,
Tsvetomir Tsonev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
DanHoughton
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 Apr 2010, 04:22 PM
Hi Tsvetomir,

Thanks for you help.  I removed all the .css formating and am getting the same results.  After some additional testing I've found that the display is perfect when I use Chrome as the browser.  FireFox works well also.  It is only IE 8.0 that isn't displaying correctly.  I've attached an image of the display from FireFox.

Additionally, I've changed the code a bit so the display looks more like what we're trying to achieve - a menu dymanically populated with 1, 2 or 3 variable length columns.  Below is the changed code.  Thanks for your help.  By the way, the CollapseDelay is so I can get a capture of the menu.

Dan

Code:
<telerik:RadMenu ID="Testing" runat="server" CollapseDelay="6000" Visible="true" > 
    <DefaultGroupSettings RepeatColumns="3" RepeatDirection="Vertical" /> 
    <Items> 
        <telerik:RadMenuItem runat="server" Text="Root RadMenuItem1">  
            <Items> 
                <telerik:RadMenuItem runat="server" Text="Bodies" Enabled="false" /> 
                <telerik:RadMenuItem runat="server" Text="Body #1" /> 
                <telerik:RadMenuItem runat="server" Text="Body #2" /> 
                <telerik:RadMenuItem runat="server" Text="&nbsp;" Enabled="false" /> 
                <telerik:RadMenuItem runat="server" Text="Inserts" Enabled="false" /> 
                <telerik:RadMenuItem runat="server" Text="Insert #1" /> 
                <telerik:RadMenuItem runat="server" Text="Insert #2" /> 
                <telerik:RadMenuItem runat="server" Text="Insert #3" /> 
                <telerik:RadMenuItem runat="server" Text="Accessories" Enabled="false" /> 
                <telerik:RadMenuItem runat="server" Text="Accessory #1" /> 
            </Items> 
        </telerik:RadMenuItem> 
    </Items> 
</telerik:RadMenu> 
Dimitar Milushev
Telerik team
answered on 09 Apr 2010, 11:30 AM
Hello,

We have identified the problem and it's already fixed in our internal codebase. The fix will be included in the Service Pack scheduled for next week.

Please excuse us for the inconvenience.

Greetings,
Dimitar Milushev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
DanHoughton
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 09 Apr 2010, 01:00 PM
Hi Dimitar,

Wonderful.  Thank you.

Dan
CE Development
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 19 Apr 2010, 03:41 PM
Is this fix in the 2010.1 415 April 15, 2010 release of RadControls for Asp.Net AJAX? I'm having the same issue with my multi-column menus in IE.

T. Tsonev
Telerik team
answered on 19 Apr 2010, 03:54 PM
Hi Thomas,

Yes, we confirm that the problem with the columns being incorrectly wrapped in IE 8 is fixed in the SP1 release.

Kind regards,
Tsvetomir Tsonev
the Telerik team

CE Development
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 19 Apr 2010, 04:01 PM
Hi Tsvetomir,
     Great, I'll work in the upgrade.

Thanks,
Tom
Tags
Menu
Asked by
DanHoughton