This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Editor Modifies My HTML

2 Answers 35 Views
Editor
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
The Stormm
Top achievements
Rank 1
The Stormm asked on 26 Mar 2010, 11:28 PM
I have created a custom module for the editor that allows me to insert a data figure.  What I want to insert is a custom HTML tag that is replaced at runtime (via regex) with content from the figure table.  Here is what I initially input...

<figure id="ddd91a0c-4db2-413f-8fff-3a84bc3d5506">[Figure: This is a test figure title...]</figure> 

The issue arises when I toggle between Design and HTML view OR when I save the data.  The editor automatically formats my tag to...

<figure id="ddd91a0c-4db2-413f-8fff-3a84bc3d5506" />[Figure: This is a test figure title...] 

This causes my entire figure insert protocol to fail and the users now see '[Figure: This is a test figure title...]" instead of an image and a legend.  As far as I can tell the issue appear to be specific to IE as I was successfully working with this process in FF.

Is there any way I can turn off the auto-formatting that is happening?

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Dobromir
Telerik team
answered on 29 Mar 2010, 04:46 PM
Hi Mark,

Rumen already answered your other post on the same topic.

Greetings,
Dobromir
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
The Stormm
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 Mar 2010, 04:56 PM
Thanks Dobromir.  My apologies for the additional posts.  When I was trying to submit my question, I was receiving server errors and I didn't realize the posts had been successfully saved.  Feel free to delete this thread as well.
Tags
Editor
Asked by
The Stormm
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Dobromir
Telerik team
The Stormm
Top achievements
Rank 1