This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

2016 Q2 CheckboxList & RadioButtonList

6 Answers 143 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Charles
Top achievements
Rank 1
Charles asked on 04 May 2016, 02:25 PM

Those were listed in the Q2 roadmap.  

Just installed it and those controls don't seem to be in there.  Any mention in the what's-new pages is also absent.

Doing a search for comparable method under Telerik provides a lot very coding-intensive methods.  

http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/button/examples/radiosandcheckboxes/defaultcs.aspx

I suppose I could roll my own versions but that's not the point of purchasing expensive third-party libraries.

6 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
moegal
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 May 2016, 03:41 PM

I don't see them either.  What does R2 and not Q2 mean?  This looks like a fix release.  Should we still be expecting Q2 at some point?

Marty

Charles
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 May 2016, 04:42 PM

My install shows as 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\UI for WinForms Q2 2016

I would assume that is the 2016 Q2 release. However, the release history page lists it as R2 ?? 

http://www.telerik.com/support/whats-new/release-history

There was an earlier Q1 service pack release a few weeks ago.

Charles
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 May 2016, 06:16 PM

If you wish to show some love for this feature ...

http://feedback.telerik.com/Project/108/Feedback/Details/27576-new-control-radbuttonlist

Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 05 May 2016, 12:41 PM
Hi guys,

We do plan to implement both radio and checkbox list controls, but postponed their official release for R3 (old naming Q3 - for now we will use Q for financial quarters and R for major control releases) 2016 in favor of other highly demanded features.

We started the development for the new R3 period with the radio and checkbox list components to ensure that they will be part of the release.

Best regards,
Rumen
Telerik
Do you need help with upgrading your ASP.NET AJAX, WPF or WinForms projects? Check the Telerik API Analyzer and share your thoughts.
moegal
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 05 May 2016, 01:11 PM

Rumen,

That's too bad. I don't see any features I would consider highly demanded. I do not see many new features at all. Another very disappointing release.

Marty

Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 05 May 2016, 02:25 PM
Hi Marty,

I am sorry to hear that you find the R2 roadmap plan disappointing, because the features inside it are indeed demanded. The Material skin, the Ripple Effect, the Theme Builder and appearance customization are among the anticipated features. The new release also features a new SpeadStreamProcessing library, new functionality in RadSpreadsheet, RadGrid, RadEditor and other controls as well as the improved keyboard and WAI-ARIA support.

The reason to not include the standalone CheckboxList & RadioButtonList is that they required more time for testing and documentation to provide the quality that you our valuable customers deserve.

Best regards,
Rumen
Telerik
Do you need help with upgrading your ASP.NET AJAX, WPF or WinForms projects? Check the Telerik API Analyzer and share your thoughts.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Charles
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
moegal
Top achievements
Rank 1
Charles
Top achievements