This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

2015.2 Step Builder Location

1 Answer 34 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Jack
Top achievements
Rank 1
Jack asked on 13 Aug 2015, 12:41 PM

Good Morning,

I happen to have more verticle then horizontal space and having the step builder no longer in the ribbon removes a lot of my horizontal space.

I've done some searching around and playing with it but I can not find a way to get it back to my ribbon.

I now have a huge empty space, just over 1/2 my ribbon that is blank.

Is there a way to move my Step Builder back to the ribbon to occupy this empty space and free up some of the right had area.

I have docked it in several locations but honostly back in that huge expanse of emptiness in my ribbon is the best place for it.

Thanks.

-Jack

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
answered on 14 Aug 2015, 06:50 AM
Hello,

Indeed, we have removed the Step Builder options from the Ribbon into its own panel. That is actually a first step in the direction of removing the Ribbon all together so that it does not take the space it actually does not need. Unfortunately completing that will not happen in the coming months since development got other top priority tasks such as the Mobile Test Studio (you can actually see the Ribbon has been replaced with simple to use File Menu in the Mobile Test Studio).

That said there is no option (and we do not plan such) of adding back the Step Builder to the ribbon. Instead we've added Custom Layouts options in the latest Test Studio Release we published in July so that one can quickly choose the layout that fits best to their needs. A custom layout is still supported as documented here - you can drag and drop the Step Builder panel so that it takes the space you like it to take.

I hope this helps!

Regards,
Konstantin Petkov
Telerik

The New Release of Telerik Test Studio Is Here! Download, install,
and send us your feedback!
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Jack
Top achievements
Rank 1