2012.2.608 Hanging VS2012 and VS2010 after setting up settings sync

3 posts, 0 answers
  1. Barry
    Barry avatar
    8 posts

Posted 11 Jun 2012 Link to this post

Hello,

I just installed JustCode version 2012.2.608.  After stepping through the new tutorial window I decided to setup the settings sync option.  VS2012 immediately hung and now both VS2010 and VS2012 hang/crash on startup.  I tried to fall back to the latest internal build, which was working up to this point but that now is also crashing.  I submitted a ticket for this with screenshots and what logs could be captured to the support ticket.

Regards,
    Barry
  2. Barry
    Barry avatar
    8 posts

Posted 11 Jun 2012 Link to this post

I'm sure they'll have this resolved quickly, but if anybody else is in the same boat, I was able to recover by manually editing the settings-justcode.xml under %appdata%\JustCode and setting the sync flag to false (see below).  Visual Studio started without issue, minus syncing.

<EnableAutomaticSync>false</EnableAutomaticSync>
      </CloudSyncSettings>

Regards,
    Barry
  3. DevCraft banner
  4. Zdravko
    Admin
    Zdravko avatar
    657 posts

Posted 13 Jun 2012 Link to this post

Hi Barry,

Thanks for the feedback.

The automatic cloud sync of the setting might fail in certain cases which can cause a Visual Studio crash. We are aware of the problem and we will fix it for the next internal build, so please, stay tuned!

Your way to fix it is a nice workaround for the moment.

Thank you for your help.

Please, do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or need of assistance.

All the best,
    Zdravko
    the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>