2011 Q1 problem

4 posts, 0 answers
  1. Olli
    Olli avatar
    2 posts

Posted 21 Mar 2011 Link to this post

Hello

I installed the new 2011 Q1 telerik dll and now radfileexplorer dosent work. If I build a webpage only containing radscriptmanager and the fileexplorer like this:
    <telerik:RadScriptManager ID="RadScriptManager1" runat="server">
      <Scripts>
        <asp:ScriptReference Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Name="Telerik.Web.UI.Common.Core.js" />
        <asp:ScriptReference Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Name="Telerik.Web.UI.Common.jQuery.js" />
      </Scripts>
    </telerik:RadScriptManager>
    <div>
    <telerik:RadFileExplorer ID="fileexplorer1" runat="server" Width="500" Height="500"></telerik:RadFileExplorer>
    </div>

I get this error:

No property or field 'error' exists in type 'DataRowView'

What could be the reason for this?
  2. Dobromir
    Admin
    Dobromir avatar
    1633 posts

Hi Olli,

We are not aware of such problem and you are the first one to report it. I tried to reproduce this issue with the provided sample code but to no avail. Could you please provide more detailed information on the specific scenario? Are you using a custom filebrowser content provider? How do you set the ViewPaths / DeletePaths / UploadPaths properties?

Looking forward to hearing from you,
    Dobromir
    the Telerik team
  3. UI for ASP.NET Ajax is Ready for VS 2017
  4. Olli
    Olli avatar
    2 posts

Im using the file explorer to manage small image and document banks. The fileexplorer does not use any custom content provider and I set the View, Delete and Upload paths in codebehind at pageload.

For troubleshooting this problem I biulded a test page containen this code:
    <%@ Page Language="VB" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="testi.aspx.vb" Inherits="testi" %>

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

<head runat="server">
        <title></title>
    </head>
    <body>
        <form id="form1" runat="server">
        <telerik:RadScriptManager ID="RadScriptManager1" runat="server">
            <Scripts>
                <asp:ScriptReference Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Name="Telerik.Web.UI.Common.Core.js" />
                <asp:ScriptReference Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Name="Telerik.Web.UI.Common.jQuery.js" />
            </Scripts>
        </telerik:RadScriptManager>
        <div>
            <telerik:RadFileExplorer ID="fileexplorer1" runat="server" Width="500" Height="500"></telerik:RadFileExplorer>
        </div>
        </form>
    </body>
    </html>

And this codebehind:

Partial Class testi
        Inherits System.Web.UI.Page

End Class

With our old version 2010.1.309.35 of telerik I get i nice empty FileExplorer show in the png image but when I use the newest version I only get the error page.
  5. Dobromir
    Admin
    Dobromir avatar
    1633 posts

Posted 24 Mar 2011 Link to this post

Hi Olli,

I am not quite sure what is causing the problem on your end. In the provided screenshot I noticed that the columns of Grid does not have their standard names. Do you have any globalization applied to the application in the web.config? Could you please provide a sample fully runnable project reproducing the problem so we can investigate it further?

All the best,
    Dobromir
    the Telerik team