This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

2010 Ribbon

1 Answer 52 Views
New Product Suggestions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Antonio
Top achievements
Rank 1
Antonio asked on 15 Feb 2010, 12:56 PM
I would like to make a request regarding the ribbon bar.

I have been playing with the Office 2010 beta and besides the background "file" tab , I absolutely do NOT like the Ribbon bar. It looks like I imagine the Ribbon would have looked while it was still in development , a bland strip of grey with buttons and labels on top.
It looks like the Telerik control would look if it had no border or fill primitives - Ie : flat boring and bland.

Now I know Telerik always moves forward with the new trends but please , should you implement the new office 2010 ribbon style , please allow us to be able to select between the 2010 and 2007 styles .

Even the background "File" tab which is really useful for huge nested config windows like print etc , they are only useful for that .
For simple application menus on simple apps the old office button style is far more efficient and certainly far less intrusive.

Moaning mostly at Microsoft here , but also pleading to the Telerik team for consideration to the future of the Telerik ribbon control development.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Deyan
Telerik team
answered on 17 Feb 2010, 08:36 AM
Hello Antonio,

Thanks for writing and for your comments. Indeed, we plan to implement Office 2010 UI in our RadRibbonForm/RadRibbonBar components. However, that does not imply that the old Office 2007 themes will be unavailable. Thanks for your feedback once again.

Regards,
Deyan
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Tags
New Product Suggestions
Asked by
Antonio
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Deyan
Telerik team
Share this question
or