This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

4 Answers 50 Views
TabControl
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Marc Roussel
Top achievements
Rank 2
Marc Roussel asked on 19 Jan 2011, 01:15 PM

I did uninstall my previous Telerik version to install the new one and everything installed perfectly.

Now as soon as I Click on RadTabControl in Expression Blend 4 to add it to my form of a newly created project I get this
Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component

Any idea ?

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Marc Roussel
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 19 Jan 2011, 01:59 PM
Strangely I just removed the reference which was the version said in the subject and reinserted them and recompiled and it worked.
I don't know why !
Marc Roussel
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 19 Jan 2011, 02:12 PM
However now I'm just trying to Style the control so I go and Edit a Copy and as soon as I do it, I get the error

[Line 0, Position 0] with no messages.  in the Xaml, the RadTabItem is underlined in red
Tina Stancheva
Telerik team
answered on 21 Jan 2011, 05:22 PM
Hi Marc Roussel,

We couldn't reproduce the issue on our side. Can you please have a look at this video and let me know if I am missing something. Also, if you can send us a sample project reproducing the issue, we will be able to further investigate it.

Thank you in advance.

Greetings,
Tina Stancheva
the Telerik team
Let us know about your Windows Phone 7 application built with RadControls and we will help you promote it. Learn more>>
Marc Roussel
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 21 Jan 2011, 07:04 PM
I'm unable to reproduce it either.  It must have been something I did.
What I remember of is when I had this message saying there's new version of Telerik popin in green in VS 2010 I did click download but strangetly this thing isn't always working and I don't really know what it does exactly but it causes more trouble than anything else

So what I did is to completely uninstall Telerik and downloaded the new package myself on my Account and once completely reinstalled, I had this issue so don't ask me why but it must be something between the fact that I used the autoupgrade within VS2010 and reinstalled the package.

Well now it seems to work ok.
Tags
TabControl
Asked by
Marc Roussel
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Marc Roussel
Top achievements
Rank 2
Tina Stancheva