5 posts, 0 answers
  1. Marc Roussel
    Marc Roussel avatar
    429 posts

Posted 19 Jan 2011 Link to this post

I did uninstall my previous Telerik version to install the new one and everything installed perfectly.

Now as soon as I Click on RadTabControl in Expression Blend 4 to add it to my form of a newly created project I get this
    Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component

Any idea ?

2. Marc Roussel
    Marc Roussel avatar
    429 posts

Strangely I just removed the reference which was the version said in the subject and reinserted them and recompiled and it worked.
    I don't know why !
  3. DevCraft banner
  4. Marc Roussel
    Marc Roussel avatar
    429 posts

However now I'm just trying to Style the control so I go and Edit a Copy and as soon as I do it, I get the error

[Line 0, Position 0] with no messages.  in the Xaml, the RadTabItem is underlined in red
  5. Tina Stancheva
    Admin
    Tina Stancheva avatar
    3298 posts

Posted 21 Jan 2011 Link to this post

Hi Marc Roussel,

We couldn't reproduce the issue on our side. Can you please have a look at this video and let me know if I am missing something. Also, if you can send us a sample project reproducing the issue, we will be able to further investigate it.

Thank you in advance.

Greetings,
    Tina Stancheva
    the Telerik team
    Let us know about your Windows Phone 7 application built with RadControls and we will help you promote it. Learn more>>
  6. Marc Roussel
    Marc Roussel avatar
    429 posts

Posted 21 Jan 2011 Link to this post

I'm unable to reproduce it either.  It must have been something I did.
    What I remember of is when I had this message saying there's new version of Telerik popin in green in VS 2010 I did click download but strangetly this thing isn't always working and I don't really know what it does exactly but it causes more trouble than anything else

So what I did is to completely uninstall Telerik and downloaded the new package myself on my Account and once completely reinstalled, I had this issue so don't ask me why but it must be something between the fact that I used the autoupgrade within VS2010 and reinstalled the package.

Well now it seems to work ok.
DevCraft banner