This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

2010.2.1015.35 Decimal Digits broken?

5 Answers 47 Views
Input
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Lenny_shp
Top achievements
Rank 2
Lenny_shp asked on 25 Oct 2010, 09:43 PM
Previous verison of the control if DecimalDigits is not set it will not force any decimal places with AllowRounding="false".
Now by default it is rounded to 2 decimal places per regional setting.

I hard coded 6 decimal places...

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Pavel
Telerik team
answered on 26 Oct 2010, 08:47 AM
Hi Lenny,

I cannot observe any difference in the behavior between the Q2 Service Pack 2  and the Q3 beta released last Friday (on 22th of October). Could you paste some markup that reproduces the issue?

Greetings,
Pavel
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Lenny_shp
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 26 Oct 2010, 02:45 PM
The previous version used was 2009.3.1103.35.
Pavel
Telerik team
answered on 26 Oct 2010, 03:14 PM
Hello Lenny,

I still cannot reproduce the problem with our latest version. Here is the markup I use for testing:
<telerik:RadNumericTextBox ID="RadNumericTextBox1" runat="server"
    NumberFormat-AllowRounding="false">
</telerik:RadNumericTextBox>

Greetings,
Pavel
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Steve Borman
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 Dec 2010, 01:35 PM
I too have had this problem.  In version 2009.2.826.35 Setting AllowRounding to false and not specifying the decimal digits, allowed the user to enter any number of decimal digits, version 2010.2.713.35 now defaults this to 2.  As a work around I have limited the deciumal digits to 4 but this is not ideal as I would like any number of decimal digits to be allowed.
Pavel
Telerik team
answered on 09 Dec 2010, 04:45 PM
Hi Steve,

Indeed the behavior has changed, since we had customers who required to be able to clip the digits after the specified number in the DecimalDigits property without rounding them. You can always set the property to a higher value.

Regards,
Pavel
the Telerik team
Browse the vast support resources we have to jumpstart your development with RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. See how to integrate our AJAX controls seamlessly in SharePoint 2007/2010 visiting our common SharePoint portal.
Tags
Input
Asked by
Lenny_shp
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Pavel
Telerik team
Lenny_shp
Top achievements
Rank 2