This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

HTTP compression

3 Answers 159 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Kasper Bergmann
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kasper Bergmann asked on 12 Jan 2009, 10:38 PM
After reading Todd Anglin's blog post about optimization using HTTP compression, I googled around. There are some solutions available, but some of them are also doing what RadScriptManager and RadStyleSheetManager already do (combining scripts/stylesheets in one compressed file), so I am not sure if there is a benefit of using those solutions doing double compressions of script and css files. Others seem to have issues with handling AJAX callbacks properly.

So it would be great if you could make a kind of RadHttpCompressionManager to complement the two other managers ensuring that the compressed output is compatible with your controls - this would be a perfect addition improving your excellent suite of controls.

Best regards,

Kasper Bergmann

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Rosen
Telerik team
answered on 13 Jan 2009, 07:08 AM
Hi Kasper Bergmann,

I'm happy to inform you that next version of the RadControl for ASP.NET AJAX suite will feature a compression module. More information can be found at my colleague Vlad's blog here.

Best wishes,
Rosen
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
SamVanity
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 15 Jan 2009, 10:36 PM
I tried it, but it does not work with Medium Trust mode.

The error:

Security Exception

Description: The application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy.  To grant this application the required permission please contact your system administrator or change the application's trust level in the configuration file.

Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Web.AspNetHostingPermission, System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.

[SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Web.AspNetHostingPermission, System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.]
   System.Web.HttpApplication.get_Modules() +36
   Telerik.Web.UI.RadCompression.GetCurrent() +31
   Telerik.Web.UI.RadCompression.Compress(HttpApplication application) +16
   System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +80
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +171

Sebastian
Telerik team
answered on 16 Jan 2009, 02:58 PM
Hello Sam,

Indeed you are right about the described behavior. However I'm happy to inform you that our developers  managed to address this problem. The fix will be available in next official version of the RadControls for ASP.NET  AJAX or you may download it from the Latest Internal Builds section of your account next week.

Please excuse us for the temporary inconvenience.

Kind regards,
Rosen,
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Kasper Bergmann
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Rosen
Telerik team
SamVanity
Top achievements
Rank 2