This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

feature request

3 Answers 73 Views
TreeView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
hwsoderlund
Top achievements
Rank 1
hwsoderlund asked on 26 Sep 2008, 08:29 AM
I was trying to use the panelbar component as described in this post. I actually switched to the treeview in the end, it was just easier. I've got it working now, but at the moment it's quite cumbersome having to modify the underlying data set, fiddling with template selectors etc, just to achieve something as simple as an "Add node here" button. It would be great if this functionality was built into the treeview. And while I'm at it I might as well request node editing as well. /Henrik

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Valentin.Stoychev
Telerik team
answered on 29 Sep 2008, 07:22 AM
Hello Henrik,

We are planning to integrate a Context Menu within the RadTreeView, where you can define your own custom actions, along with some predefined, like: Delete, Add, Rename, etc.

Do you think this will be enough?

BTW: We have the node editing functionality now - check-out this example:
http://demos.telerik.com/silverlight/#Examples/TreeView/NodeEditing. Set the IsEditable property to the RadTreeView and hit F2 key to see the selected node in edit mode.

Greetings,
Valentin.Stoychev
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
hwsoderlund
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 Sep 2008, 07:48 AM
Sorry, I've completely missed the node editing feature, it looks really nice.

For most purposes I'm sure a context menu will be fine, but the application I'm developing targets some very inexperienced computer users. We need to make sure that they understand what the application does by first sight. From a usability point of view I also thinks it makes more sense to have the "Add" option at the end of the list you're adding items to, rather than hidden inside a context menu, especially if it requires using the right mouse button.
Of course I understand that you cannot meet the specific needs of every single user of your components, but from my own personal point of view this would be a very useful feature.

As for the context menu feature, please make sure that it is possible to use it as a "left click" menu as well, or at least that it is possible to show the context menu programmatically.
Accepted
Valentin.Stoychev
Telerik team
answered on 29 Sep 2008, 09:14 AM
Henrik,

Thanks for sharing this feedback - we will see what we can do in order to provide more elegant solution to this problem.

Greetings,
Valentin.Stoychev
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Tags
TreeView
Asked by
hwsoderlund
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Valentin.Stoychev
Telerik team
hwsoderlund
Top achievements
Rank 1