Textbox Alignment Issue

11 posts, 0 answers
  1. Judith Takis
    Judith Takis avatar
    2 posts

Posted 03 Sep 2008 Link to this post

I have the problem that the alignment in the design view doesnt match the alignment in the report itself, what could be the issue?

2. Steve
    Admin
    Steve avatar
    10941 posts

Hi Judith Takis,

Are you using the win or web ReportViewer to show the report? Screenshot from the design view and actual result would be appreciated as well as any additional information you find helpful.

Greetings,
    Steve
    the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
  3. DevCraft banner
  4. Shiraaz
    Shiraaz avatar
    8 posts

I am using a web report viewer

for some reason i cant paste screenshots here
  5. Steve
    Admin
    Steve avatar
    10941 posts

Hi Shiraaz,

Indeed attachments and screenshots are not allowed in the forums. You can upload them to a free image upload site and post links here or open a support ticket and attach the screenshots and report there. Generally, when you use the HTML rendering the actual item size and position cannot be calculated on the server. The report display may be different based on the browser types and versions and so the user experience may differ significantly. As the Design Considerations for HTML Rendering help topic explains - make sure that you do not have any overlapping items. Overlapping items are positioned into adjacent cells which may break the original report layout.

Regards,
    Steve
    the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
  6. Shiraaz
    Shiraaz avatar
    8 posts

here is a link to the screenshots http://www.dropshots.com/shiraazzz#
  7. Steve
    Admin
    Steve avatar
    10941 posts

Hello Shiraaz,

From the screenshots you've send we notice that you have overlapped items in the Page Header (the ones with the yellow warning signs) and that you have items placed directly on the red vertical line which is the right end of the physical page. Please correct those problems and let us know of the outcome.

Regards,
    Steve
    the Telerik team

8. Shiraaz
    Shiraaz avatar
    8 posts

Posted 04 Sep 2008 Link to this post

I tried what you have suggested and it looks exactly the same on the report viewer
  9. Steve
    Admin
    Steve avatar
    10941 posts

Posted 04 Sep 2008 Link to this post

Hello Shiraaz,

Please open a support ticket and send us the problematic report so that we can examine it on our end and advice you accordingly.

Sincerely yours,
    Steve
    the Telerik team

10. Judith Takis
    Judith Takis avatar
    2 posts

Posted 09 Sep 2008 Link to this post

how do you go about doing that?
  11. Steve
    Admin
    Steve avatar
    10941 posts

Hi Judith,

You would need to login to your Client.net account and open a support ticket (see attached screenshot).

Sincerely yours,
    Steve
    the Telerik team

12. Jeff P
    Jeff P avatar
    37 posts

Hi Judith!
    I experience this all the time.  Have you tried to dock the text box?
    This works wonders for me.
DevCraft banner