This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Error Creating Control...

2 Answers 97 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Tim
Top achievements
Rank 1
Tim asked on 12 May 2008, 04:19 PM
I have VS 2005 & 2008 and I use them both.  I now notice that most if the ASP controls no longer exist and are now the Prometheus controls.  I would be nice if they would work.  Every single Prometheus control I drop on the page gets 'Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2007.3.1314' etc ... what am I supposed to do now... my ability to serve my customers just went completely out the window!

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Sebastian
Telerik team
answered on 13 May 2008, 06:34 AM
Hello Tim,

It seems that you are not using the latest official version of RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX (2008.1.415) in your project. If you migrate to this version of the suite, the design-time issue you encountered should be addressed.

How to upgrade our controls to another version or license you can see from the KB article linked below:

http://www.telerik.com/support/kb/article/b454K-kad-b454T-bah-b454c-bah.aspx

Best regards,
Stephen
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
Tim
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 13 May 2008, 01:53 PM
Thanks for the quick reply. Shortly after I posted posted this, I thought I would uninstall the 'Q1' release, download it again, and re-install.  That worked and solved the problem.  It's a bit curious though, as I had all the controls, it said that it was Q1 2008 in the toolbox but yet it was Q3 2007.  Even the install package was different than the original one I downloaded the day Q1 2008 was released.

Thanks again for the quick response, its appreciated!
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Tim
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Sebastian
Telerik team
Tim
Top achievements
Rank 1