This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadDock + MS ReportViewer = JScript Error

4 Answers 55 Views
Dock
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
AECLDEV
Top achievements
Rank 1
AECLDEV asked on 15 Feb 2008, 09:10 PM
Hello all,

I have a Portal built from the MyPortal example posted here.  I also have a user control that has a MS ReportViewer Control inside it which I use to dynamically bind reports to. 

When I try to add a dock to the portal with this control inside it, I get a jscript error in the page 

Microsoft JScript runtime error: 'frames.119_C_ctl00_ctl00TouchSession0.location' is null or not an object

i have noticed that 119 is the PageWidgetID of the dock I am trying to place, and the error happens on this line
<iframe name="119_C_ctl00_ctl00TouchSession0" id="119_C_ctl00_ctl00TouchSession0" onload="if (frames['119_C_ctl00_ctl00TouchSession0'].location != 'javascript:\'\'') frames['119_C_ctl00_ctl00TouchSession0'].location.replace('javascript:\'\'');" src="javascript:''" style="position:absolute;width:0;height:0;visibility:hidden;"

This is a critical piece to my software, and my purchase order was sent back to us for revision, so I cannot attach a working project.  Is there any solution for this?

Thanks in advance

Greg

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
AECLDEV
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Feb 2008, 09:43 PM
I also noticed that when i run frames[0].location  in the Immediate Window, the output is correct.  Any idea why this is causing the IFrame to not recognize itself by ID while it is inside the RadDock?
Petya
Telerik team
answered on 18 Feb 2008, 04:22 PM
Hello AECLDEV,

You can attach files by sending us a support ticket as demonstrated in the described instructions. We strongly encourage you to do so as this would assist us a lot in helping you with your problem. Looking forward to your answer.

Greetings,
Petya
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
AECLDEV
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Feb 2008, 04:24 PM
As I stated previously, Telerik sent my PO back to my legal department because there was a paragraph missing, so I cannot submit a support ticket.

I rolled back  to the old ASP.NET Controls, and it seems to help a little bit, although now i get other errors.

can anyone help?
Petya
Telerik team
answered on 19 Feb 2008, 04:05 PM
Hi AECLDEV,

Even if you have not yet purchased the developer version of Telerik.Web.UI you can still download a trial version for free from our web site and send us a project. Have you tried this? Are there any reasons you cannot do so? Looking forward to your answer.

Kind regards,
Petya
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
Tags
Dock
Asked by
AECLDEV
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
AECLDEV