This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

PageRequestManagerTimeoutException

3 Answers 187 Views
Upload (Obsolete)
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
CSurieux
Top achievements
Rank 2
CSurieux asked on 21 Jan 2008, 10:54 PM
Hello,

Still with my long dsatabase insert monitored by a radProgressArea, after 1'28s running I get this exception on the client
line 604, The  server process time out.

But the button trigering this is normally not oing asynch ajax request ???

I have a radManager but the button is never used as an event source (but its state is refreshed by another ajax event).

Thanks for help.
CS

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Sophy
Telerik team
answered on 22 Jan 2008, 12:36 PM
Hi,

Regarding the provided information we are not sure what may be the reason for the problem you experience. Could you please send us more details about the error message and its stack trace? It will be best if it is possible to provide a live link to your application so that we can test it and investigate the problem.

For the moment I could suggest you try to remove the progress area and test whether the problem will persist or not. If the problem exists it will mean that the problem is probably due to some DB calls.

Looking forward to receiving your reply.

Kind regards,
Sophy
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
CSurieux
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 22 Jan 2008, 12:52 PM
Hello,

I finnaly found the solution, I was using a button which was enabled by an Ajax request sent by a dropdownlist selection change.
So RadAjaxManager was automatically including this button in an updatepanel and this button was doing an Ajax request in place of a postback.
It seems that the time out for the ajax request is near 1m30s.
Removing the button from the targets of the DDL in radAjaxManager bring back a postback and the timeout exception disappeared.
Normal postback timeout seems to be larger than 30 minutes?

The system as it is proposed today by RadAjaxManager doesn't allow to specify that a button should continue to do postback, even if its state could change following an AjxRequest.

Ideally Telerik would propose a solution for this very common situation ? May be it exists and I don't know ?

Regards
CS
Sophy
Telerik team
answered on 23 Jan 2008, 12:55 PM
Hi,

By default the ajax request lasts only several seconds. To increase the value of the ajax request timeout we suggest you try to set the desired value using the AsyncPostBackTimeout property of the ScriptManager and test whether this will solve the problem. You can take a look at this article for reference.

Please, let us know if you need further assistance.

Best wishes,
Sophy
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
Tags
Upload (Obsolete)
Asked by
CSurieux
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Sophy