When I create an association from one table to another using the 'Association' Toolbox item, it would be nice if all the depended properties were setup for me. Consider the cast of an 'Org' table with a related 'OrgType'. Both will have an Int32 key named 'ID'. Here is what I would like to see happen:
- Drag the association toolbox icon from Org header to OrgType header.
- ORM determines that primary key of OrgType is ID, so it creates a model property OrgType_ID of the same type in Org.
- ORM also creates an OrgType_ID in the database table.
- ORM connects the model parameters OrgType_ID in the model and database table
- ORM creates the relationship so that the owner end and target end point to the above parameters
This would save a *HUGE* amount of effort for me since I do a ton of third-normal form database development.