This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

0311 DEV hotfix error

5 Answers 47 Views
Diagram
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Kristoffer
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kristoffer asked on 13 Mar 2013, 01:12 PM
Just installed RadControls_for_WPF_2013_1_0311_DEV_hotfix.

Now, drag-and-dropped chart shapes show a really weird behavior. When moving them (after the drop action) they are instead copied. After four copies, the move operation is successful. Only the original shape (not the three "copies") show this behavior.

Even though this is a nightly build, I'd say this kind of bug is a bit embarrassing :)

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Kristoffer
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 Mar 2013, 09:12 AM
Just confirmed that this issue is present in 2013 Q1 too. Now I'm really unhappy :(

UPDATE:
When I drop my shape, CreateNode is called four times. This only happens on one of our two computers. Both have the latest binaries so I really don't understand what's going on here.

public override object CreateNode(Telerik.Windows.Diagrams.Core.IShape shape) { ... }
Stefan
Telerik team
answered on 18 Mar 2013, 10:36 AM
Hello Kristoffer,

Unfortunately I was not able to reproduce the described behavior. In order to provide you with further assistance may I ask you to send us a sample project reproducing the issue and steps to reproduce the described behavior. Also it will be helpful if you tell us the configurations of both your computers (OS, framework version etc).

Kind regards,
Stefan
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading Telerik DevCraft Ultimate.

Kristoffer
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Mar 2013, 01:51 PM
It sure would be easier to debug this kind of errors if we had the source code. Yes, I can create a sample project as soon as I get time over. Meanwhile, can you please look through your source code and see what may cause CreateNode to get called four times?
Kristoffer
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 Mar 2013, 04:37 PM
When I drop my shape, I can see that my shape's constructor is called four times from your SerializationService.cs, at line 133.

This is a show-stopper for us, but unfortunately I have very limited time creating a sample project. Is it possible to investigate this without a sample project?
Stefan
Telerik team
answered on 21 Mar 2013, 08:41 AM
Hi Kristoffer,

Thanks for the additional information and I understand that you don't have time to create a sample project, but unfortunately without one we could not know what is the logic/implementation of your application.
For example, did you implemented your own DragAndDrop logic or from where you drag the shape - is it from a RadDiagramToolBox or somewhere else.

Also in one of your previous post you mention you reproduce the issue only on one of the two computer you use. May I ask you to share with us the configuration (OS version, .NET version) of the computer on which you reproduce the described behavior?

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Regards,
Stefan
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading Telerik DevCraft Ultimate.

Tags
Diagram
Asked by
Kristoffer
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Kristoffer
Top achievements
Rank 1
Stefan
Telerik team