This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

"Unable to get value of the property 'jQuery'" exception in 2013.2.716/kendo.aspnetmvc.min.js

7 Answers 172 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Eric
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
Iron
Eric asked on 27 Jul 2013, 10:05 PM
I just downloaded and installed the 2013.2.716.340 version of the ASP.Net MVC Kendo Complete package.  Then I started a new MVC 4 project with .Net 4.5 in Visual Studio 2012 Update 3.  I ran the new project without touching a single piece of code and get the following javascript error.

Unhandled exception at line 10, column 180 in http://localhost:62497/Scripts/kendo/2013.2.716/kendo.aspnetmvc.min.js0x800a138f - Microsoft JScript runtime error: Unable to get value of the property 'jQuery': object is null or undefined

IE says that window.kendo is undefined in one of the window.kendo.jQuery statements.  Is this an environmental issue or is there something wrong with the actual files in this build?  Maybe it has something to do with the way new projects are initialized with VS Update 3.  I messed around with trying to host Kendo in a different MVC 4 project that was created as a standard project, instead of a Kendo project, but I get the same error.  Also, when I tried to bundle the scripts, instead of directly linking them, WebGrease gives an error.  Please, help.

7 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
iCognition
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 Jul 2013, 05:10 AM
Same thing, once again Kendo gives an unusable POC and calls it a release...

kendo/cultures seems to have disappeared as well.

How can a release be more broken than an older internal build?
Accepted
Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
answered on 29 Jul 2013, 09:23 AM
Hello guys,

We discovered this problem too late and were able to solve it today. Please try downloading the files again. 

More info is available in this forum thread: http://www.kendoui.com/forums/framework/general-discussions/q2'13-release---unable-to-get-property-jquery-of-undefined-or-null-reference-invalid-regular-expressions-or-expected-js-errors.aspx

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience this has caused. We will do our best to avoid such problems in the future.

Regards,

Atanas Korchev
Telerik
Join us on our journey to create the world's most complete HTML 5 UI Framework - download Kendo UI now!
Eric
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
Iron
answered on 29 Jul 2013, 01:26 PM
This did the trick.  I uninstalled my exising installation, downloaded the new installer and ran it.  When I created a new Kendo web project from the template it worked, and then I copied the necessary scripts into my own solution, and it worked, as well.  Thank you.
Steven
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 Sep 2013, 02:32 AM
This fix is not working for me. I have tried updating through the Telerik control panel, uninstalling and reinstalling. All I get is the 716 version and it keeps throwing this error.
Daniel
Telerik team
answered on 11 Sep 2013, 08:30 AM
Hello Steven,

In order to download the internal builds you should login either at kendoui.com or at telerik.com and navigate to the downloads page(Products & Subscriptions > DevCraft Complete > Download). The internal builds are available by clicking the "Latest Internal Builds" button for the particular suite.

Regards,
Daniel
Telerik
Join us on our journey to create the world's most complete HTML 5 UI Framework - download Kendo UI now!
David
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 23 Sep 2013, 03:57 PM
I've been fighting this "Unable to get value of the property 'jQuery'" issue for the past 2 days.  From http://www.kendoui.com/download.aspx, the "Download Open Souce" button for Kendo UI Web download's the 2013.2.716 version.  Is there a way to get the working version "without"  installing the Telerik Control Panel???
Daniel
Telerik team
answered on 25 Sep 2013, 02:48 PM
Hello David,

The internal builds are not open source and available for customers only. As mentioned in my previous reply, you should login in order to download the internal builds. The Control Panel is not needed.

Regards,
Daniel
Telerik
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Eric
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
Iron
Answers by
iCognition
Top achievements
Rank 1