This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

App rejected in apple app store because it is crashing on load in an ipv6 environment

4 Answers 60 Views
Apple iOS
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Joshua
Top achievements
Rank 1
Joshua asked on 20 Feb 2017, 07:21 PM

I am having an issue where my app is being rejected in the itunes app store for ios.  They are saying it is crashing during launch in an IPV6 environment.  The only networking code my application is using is via the "fetch" module and I am not directly referring to any ip address.  All of my calls to fetch are using a domain name in the url.  This leads me to believe that there is something internal in native script that is crashing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Nick Iliev
Telerik team
answered on 21 Feb 2017, 08:31 AM
Hi Joshua,

As far as I understand you are using NativeScript via Telerik Platform - correct me if I am wrong!
In any case, we will need some additional information on the errors received from Apple store.
You can also take a look at this issue where a possible workaround is provided (requires modifying the source code of connectivity module.

in case you are unable to resolve this issue please send us as much information as possible regarding the error logs and your application package. content.

Regards,
Nikolay Iliev
Telerik by Progress
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Nick Iliev
Telerik team
answered on 22 Feb 2017, 09:51 AM
Hi again Joshua,

I've understood that you had some difficulties getting back to us due to a locked forum thread.
I am sincerely apologizing for this situation - we are currently looking into it.
Meanwhile, I have moved the thread to an open forum where you can reply and provide us with the additional info/code needed o investigate your case.

Regards,
Nikolay Iliev
Telerik by Progress
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Joshua
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Feb 2017, 03:47 PM

I was able to resolve this.  What I discovered was that the advise in the nativescript documentation for publishing an ios is incorrect.  It advises to do a tns prepare, then open the generated xcode project to publish.  Instead (I stumbled across this in a forum or ticket while searching for a solution) I had to do tns build ios --release, then open the generated xcode project and publish.  Once I did it that way it worked fine.

The initial rejection from apple indicated a problem with ipv6, but at this point I don't think it truly had anything to do with this issue.

Nick Iliev
Telerik team
answered on 22 Feb 2017, 04:36 PM
Hi Joshua,

Thank you for reporting back to us! I am glad that you were able to resolve your case. Meanwhile, I have taken steps to make sure that the documentation section will be properly updated via this PR.
As an appreciation for your cooperation, I am giving you 1500 Telerik points.

Regards,
Nikolay Iliev
Telerik by Progress
Tags
Apple iOS
Asked by
Joshua
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Nick Iliev
Telerik team
Joshua
Top achievements
Rank 1