DotNetNuke Community and Professional Editions Benefit From Telerik RadControls
SAN MATEO, Calif. and WALTHAM, Mass. – November 30, 2009 – DotNetNuke Corp., the company behind the most widely adopted framework for building web sites and web applications on Microsoft .NET, and Telerik, a leading vendor of development tools and user interface components for .NET, today announced a unique partnership. Under the terms of the agreement, Telerik RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, widely recognized for helping customers build rich, interactive web interfaces, is integrated into the DotNetNuke Community Edition 5.2 and DotNetNuke Professional Edition 5.2, both of which launched today.
The Telerik RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX will provide developers with a richer toolset for developing dynamic, engaging user interfaces in the DotNetNuke platform. DotNetNuke Community Edition users will be able to utilize RadControls through standard user interface extensions provided in the DotNetNuke platform. DotNetNuke Professional Edition customers will receive a full development license for Telerik RadControls. The development license allows the customer’s developers to use the complete RadControls development toolset within their instance of DotNetNuke Professional Edition.
- Telerik RadControls will allow DotNetNuke developers to deliver highly dynamic, interactive features to users of both the DotNetNuke Community and Professional Editions.
- Integrating Telerik RadControls with DotNetNuke Professional Edition 5.2 provides developers with powerful development tools for creating engaging, client-side experiences for web site visitors. Professional Edition content editors will also benefit from the Telerik RadEditor which provides more flexibility and additional features for editing web site content.
- The partnership benefits Telerik by exposing the RadControls technology to the large, growing community of DotNetNuke developers worldwide. DotNetNuke Corp. will promote Telerik on its web site, in newsletters, and at future trade show events.
- A subscription to the DotNetNuke Professional Edition will now include full developer rights to Telerik RadControls for each customer’s developers working in their Professional Edition instance. The standard list price for Telerik RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX is $999 per year per developer.
- Available today, DotNetNuke Professional Edition 5.2 includes the following features:
- Enhanced Rich Text Editor – Based on the commercially successful RadEditor from Telerik, the new text editor offers features like Microsoft Word “clean” HTML, spell checking, HTML templates, image resizing and compression and more.
- Page Caching – Improves web site performance by serving cached pages from a location specified by the site administrator: memory, database, or disk
- Module Caching – Stores module content in a centralized database for faster page loading without requiring web server processing
- Security Center – Protects DotNetNuke Professional Edition users by dynamically loading lists of known security vulnerabilities affecting the current software version and provides navigational guidance to acquire the latest software updates
DotNetNuke Corp. Logo
Telerik Corporate Logo
Svetozar Georgiev, co-CEO at Telerik:
“We’re excited that Telerik RadControls has become part of the sophisticated DotNetNuke web content management system. Combining the RadControls toolset and developer rights with the DotNetNuke Professional Edition will make it possible for web site developers to easily access our powerful tools and create dynamic, interactive web applications.”
Shaun Walker, Co-Founder and Chief Architect of DotNetNuke Corp.:
“We are very pleased with the addition of Telerik RadControls to the DotNetNuke platform. Developers will benefit from the powerful tools for developing rich, client-side interfaces for web site visitors. Combined with the other new features in Professional Edition 5.2, this latest release should greatly benefit customers using DotNetNuke in business-critical applications.”
About DotNetNuke Corp.
DotNetNuke Corp. is the steward of the DotNetNuke open source project, the most widely adopted web content management system (CMS) and application development framework for building web sites and web applications on Microsoft .NET. Organizations use DotNetNuke to quickly develop and deploy interactive and dynamic web sites, intranets, extranets and web applications. The DotNetNuke framework is available in both a free Community and a subscription based Professional Edition. DotNetNuke Corp. also operates Snowcovered.com where users purchase third party software modules and skins. Founded in 2006 and funded by Sierra Ventures and August Capital, DotNetNuke Corp. is headquartered in San Mateo, Calif. For additional information, visit www.dotnetnuke.com (http://bit.ly?8G1w).
Telerik is a leading vendor of development tools and components for the Microsoft .NET platform. Developers from most of the Fortune 2000 companies, many of the world’s leading educational and non-profit organizations, and thousands of consultants rely on Telerik products to build applications with unparalleled richness, responsiveness and interactivity.
DotNetNuke(R) and DNN(R) are registered trademarks of DNN Corp. All other registered and unregistered trademarks in this document are the sole property of their respective owners.