The next release of RadControls for WindowsPhone is near and I would like to shed some light on what we have been working on in the last three months. In this blog post I'll just highlight the new goodies, more details will be available later as we approach to release.
The first thing that I want to share is the work that we did to improve the total experience in creating applications with our tools. Matching the Metro design guidelines and designing your application to the highest Metro standards sometimes is hard and we decided to give you a major help in this direction. Please welcome the new Metro design templates created by our designers and implemented by our developers. You will be able to use the fully implemented XAML templates and sometimes by just changing the data you will be ready to publish your app on the marketplace!
However, we thought that was not enough so we will also release a number of new controls and improvements over the existing ones. Here is a short list of what is coming in this area:
- New control - ConversationView for Windows Phone
- New control - ImageButton for Windows Phone
- New control - WatermarkTextBox - with validation and action button support!
- New control - ImageViewer
- New feature - Pull To Refresh option for our Telerik ListBox control
- New feature - Item reorder for Telerik ListBox control
- New feature - Overlay content for our Picture Browser control (aka RadSlideView)
- New feature - Pull To Refresh option for RadSlideView
- New feature - Multiple selection support for RadListPicker
- New feature - BackgroundAgent support for LiveTileHelper
- New demo example with full source code - Picture Gallery
As you can see - we have been busy working on our suite and as it seems it will be a busy summer coming. But this is not all. We know that by developing your app with the best possible tools, you’re only half way through to making it a successful app. Second step is marketing the app and we got this front covered as well. Register for our free webinar where we’ll talk about how to make money from your Windows Phone app. We’ll cover topics such as: composite parts of a mobile app; discoverability of the app and best methods for monetization. We’re co-hosting the webinar with Tapjoy, a company offering a mobile advertising and publishing platform that has reached more than 500 million mobile users since its launch in 2007.
Thats it for now - feel free to reach me on twitter or write directly on our forums - we are eager to know what is your opinion on our work!
Valentin Stoychev (@ValioStoychev) for long has been part of Telerik and worked on almost every UI suite that came out of Telerik. Valio now works as a Product Manager and strives to make every customer a successful customer.
Copyright © 2016, Progress Software Corporation and/or its subsidiaries or affiliates. All Rights Reserved.
Progress, Telerik, and certain product names used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of Progress Software Corporation and/or one of its subsidiaries or affiliates in the U.S. and/or other countries. See Trademarks or appropriate markings.