The spring is here and I am very pleased to share with you what is cooking for the upcoming releases of the Telerik ASP.NET AJAX controls.
How did we plan?
As a customer oriented (driven) company we collected a lot of customers’ feedback in a form of interviews, surveys, support tickets, forum posts and Ideas & Feedback portal entries. This helped us to realize what is important for the most part of the clients and how exactly to satisfy their development and end-users needs.
So what’s on the roadmap?
Q1 2014 SP1
The upcoming service pack will not only include fixes for the existing controls, but also enable adaptive capabilities in the Media Player and LightBox controls. This functionality is especially designed for mobile and touch devices and will be showcased in the responsive web design sample app.
Q2 2014 Beta
This release will be especially dedicated to the Diagram control that will help you create rich and interactive diagrams with ease. The beta will feature drag and drop, shape rotation and resizing, connection editing and multiple layouts, databound and fast performance abilities.
The highlights for the official release (planned for mid-June) are enlisted below:
- Map will visualize geographical information and enable end users to zoom and pan smoothly to any corner of the earth.
- ClientDataSource will help you populate Telerik controls on the client side in seconds. It will also make it possible for CRUD data operations, as well as operations like sorting, paging, filtering, and grouping to be performed entirely on the client.
- Gantt will be released as a Beta and will allow the users to easily manage and visualize project planning data.
- We are continuing to enrich the Mobile story and more Telerik ASP.NET AJAX controls will gain responsive, adaptive and elastic capabilities to help you build applications with a UX tailored to any device
- Grid – enabled light-weight rendering for its child controls and support for gestures.
- PivotGrid - persistence of the filtered state.
- Editor - improvements in the Track Changes functionality.
I will be very grateful if you express your opinion about the roadmap via the Feedback portal or as by posting a comment below.
Thank you for your continuous support and great ideas!
Telerik ASP.NET AJAX team