This week we release a service pack for JustCode Q2 2010. You can get the full details about the release here, but I wanted to point out a few highlights that might be of interest.
New auto-updating functionality
This service pack improves the current auto-updating functionality with the addition of one new option. By now you could get notifications only when a new official release or service pack was available. With this new option you will get notified for available internal builds as well.
By default it is on, but if prefer to stick only to the official released versions you can switch it off from – JustCode Menu | Options | General | Include internal builds when checking for updates
Visual Aid improvements
In Q2 release we introduced the so called Visual aid feature that allows you to access available JustCode commands easier using your mouse. After gathering some feedback, we introduced several improvements there.
- A new option to disable the automatic opening of the visual aid menu on mouse hover. Again situated in JustCode Menu | Options | General
- Keyboard navigation implemented for the visual aid menu. Now you can easily work with the visual aid using only your keyboard. The default keyboard shortcut for opening the visual aid is Ctrl + `
As we introduced a lot of new stuff in Q2, bugs and small glitches we more or less expected there. The team identified the most important and irritating ones and fixed most of them. Areas that were improved were:
- Unit Test Runner – improved test discoverability and running for the different frameworks. Some UI improvements were applied.
- Visual aids interfering with VS intellisense.
- JustCode causing unexpected “ghost” window and changing of VS focus.
- A lot of Good-Code-Red issues, exceptions and other bug fixes.
Can you smell what the Team is cooking?
In parallel with the service pack we are already working on the new Q3 release. A lot of great new stuff is coming. We are aiming high
- Performance and Quality.
- New refactorings, hints and templates.
We value and consider your feedback, so if thing we are missing something that you want to see in JustCode, please, don’t hesitate to contact us and ask for it!