It felt like only yesterday when I announced Q1 2014 and today we have a new release – Q2 2014. In fact it was a fruitful 4 months team effort and I have the pleasure to be excited once again for all the new stuff we’ve prepared for you. New Visual Studio 2013 theme
This new theme can be used to mimic the look and feel of Visual Studio 2013 in your application or if you are building a plug-in for VS it will blend perfectly. It comes with three color variations – Light, Dark and Blue. In addition we added more than 10 new color variations in the XAML Color Theme Generator
In Q2 2014 we ship four more controls to our 90+ components WPF suite
. RadCloudUpload and RadPDFProcessing are joining the family in their Beta and CTP versions. CloudUpload for WPF (Beta)
We built one of the missing connections between your desktop application and the Cloud. Our CloudUpload for WPF offers you a friendly UI and API to easily integrate with any cloud storage provider like Azure, Amazon, Telerik Backend Services
, etc. You can take advantage of the asynchronous upload of multiple files, progress tracking and built-in validation.
PDFProcessing for WPF (CTP)
The new addition to our Document Processing
will help you to easily import and export files to and from PDF format. The component is completely independent from external libraries and provides everything needed for high-performance and low-memory footprint.
With the official release of RadSpreadProcessing, Telerik UI for WPF enables your applications to process the most common spreadsheet file formats without external dependencies on third-party libraries (such as Microsoft Excel). This component ensures seamless creation, loading and modification of documents in a variety of formats including:
- Excel Microsoft Office Open XML Spreadsheet (.XLSX)
- Comma separated values (.CSV)
- Tab separated values (.TXT)
Export and import spreadsheet documents or convert them from one format to another. RadSpreadProcessing is optimized to offer unmatched performance with virtually no limitations on the amount of data processed. And it comes with a comprehensive and easy-to-use API.
WordsProcessing for WPF (Beta)
RadWordsProcessing is a document-processing library that enables you to process the most common text file formats without Microsoft Word or any other third-party library installed. The users will be able to create, load and modify documents in a variety of formats including:
- Open XML Word Document (.DOCX)
- Rich Text Format (.RTF)
- Text Files (.TXT)
- HyperText Markup Language (.HTML)
Enable your application to seamlessly export and import documents or convert them from one format to another WordsProcessing keeps a low memory footprint while delivering super-fast performance. It comes with an intuitive and easy-to-use API.
The story does not end here. We are bringing some very useful features to our existing controls. Here are the shortlisted: PivotGrid
- You can now easily sort dates and numeric dimensions in a meaningful way. Take advantage of custom sorting using the SortKey instead of relying on the default sorting. You can apply the new option to show data in the same order as defined in the ItemsSource or in the OLAP Cube. The new functionality enables you to sort data based on keys defined in the OLAP Cube.
- A localization improvement in RadPivotGrid enables you to adjust the control to any culture. RadPivotGrid can use the culture’s month names when a month grouping is applied.
- The new PDF export feature for RadSpreadsheet allows users to seamlessly export their files into PDF format.
- The new sorting functionality in RadSpreadsheet enables you to organize and search your data seamlessly. Get a better understanding of data spanning across multiple rows and columns and quickly analyze data.
- The new filtering functionality enables you to add flexibility to your data. Display and focus on the data that you need at any given moment, without breaking its initial structure and content.
- For even more customization options, use the custom appointment height to set different heights for appointments in Month View. You can now easily apply different styles with various height options to visualize the duration of the appointments on your calendar.
- The new Drop Over Appointment functionality enhances your ScheduleView applications and enables you to update appointments without using the dialogs.
- Edit only one item at a time with the separate editing mode in RadPropertyGrid. Utilize commit/cancel edit behavior and validation.
- The new ScrollIntoViewAsync method allows you to easily locate an item which is outside of the viewpoint or is a part of a collapsed list. This new functionality covers many possible business scenarios and makes virtualization more user-friendly.
- A new functionality in TreeListView allows you to display hierarchy connecting lines. This feature makes navigating in hierarchy scenarios much more intuitive and easy.
You can take advantage of all these by updating to the latest version of the UI for WPF and/or UI for Silverlight control suites. You can also download a trial of UI for WPF
and UI for Silverlight
if you are not already a customer. If you prefer to take our demo applications out for a spin you can access our Silverlight demos directly from your web browser
and download and install the WPF demos
onto your computer.
Register for the DevCraft Q2 Online Conference
Don’t miss the chance to register for our What's New Conference on June 24 at 11am ET. The main theme is Tips for Building Mobile-Optimized ASP.NET Projects”. There will be also a demonstration of the APIs for processing the most common document formats: DOCX, RTF, XLSX, CSV, and PDF that will enable you to embed, load, create, convert and print documents directly within your apps, without Microsoft Office, or any other external library.