Have you seen Microsoft LightSwitch? If not you should try it! This is
definitely a simpler way to create high-quality business applications for the
desktop and the cloud.
While the built-in interface (standard Microsoft Silverlight components) can
be used as a start when creating applications you will definitely need custom
screens depending on your business scenario and I’ve decided to show you can
easily integrate Telerik RadControls for Silverlight in Microsoft LightSwitch
1) Create new LightSwitch project and connect to some data source:
2) Switch to File View in your Solution Explorer, add references to desired
Telerik assemblies, add new UserControl and build the project:
3) Add new screen, change the default DataGrid to a custom control and add
references (again) to desired Telerik assemblies:
* Notice the GridView and Office_Blue theme assemblies are missing even that
I’ve added them. Weird!
4) Declare desired Telerik component(s) in the UserControl (in my case RadGridView
5) Run the application and check the result:
Vladimir Enchev is Director of Engineering, Native Mobile UI & Frameworks
Copyright © 2002-2016 Telerik. All rights reserved.
Powered by Telerik