- The Storyboard is a three-dimensional, visual representation of test steps.
- Test Studio automatically takes screen shots where appropriate and highlights the element of interest for each screenshot.
- Click background images to bring the image "up front."
- As you record your test, a screenshot of your action on the target
element is captured to the Storyboard. This gives you a visual flow of
how your test has progressed.
- It is a great time saver in helping others
understand the state of the test at the time of recording, along with
what the target elements of the tests were.
- By default, Storyboard is enabled and set to a scale of 75% in Project Settings > Recording Options.
The Storyboard view allows you to flip through each step visually as with a stack of cards. Either click on each subsequent image or use the
mouse wheel to cycle through.
The Recapture Storyboard button runs your test and stores new screen shots of each test step. This allows you to refresh the baseline of images automatically if you modified your test or your application has changed.
The test is executed and the Storyboard images are recaptured. The .resx file, companion to the main .tstest file (or .aii in older versions), simply holds the images for the Storyboard. The .resx file is recreated when this feature is used.
Export as HTML
The Export Storyboard as HTML Documentation button is located in the upper right of the Storyboard pane.
You are prompted to select a folder to save the applicable files and images. Open the HTML file in a web browser for a report-like representation of the test, complete with a test summary, step descriptions, and expandable images.