Create a WPF Test (Standalone)
- Launch Test Studio.
- Click Create new project.
- Click New Test > WPF Test.
The new test appears under the open project.
- Double-click the WPF test to open the Test tab.
- Click the Configure button to configure your WPF test.
The Configure WPF Application Path window appears. There are two options to determine the default application to launch when recording and executing this test.
Click OK. If you need to later modify the WPF application path, choose Configure from the toolbar.
- WPF Application Path - drag and drop the shortcut icon into this text box, or click Browse and locate it manually.
- Current Path Expanded - read-only display of full path if environment variables are used.
- Use default path - whether to use the path set here or the default path set in Project Settings > General.
- Active WPF Applications - Telerik Test Studio detects all WPF apps currently running and lists them. Highlight the desired app and press Select Application. I used FamilyShow, available from http://vertigo.com/Lab.aspx.
- Recording Options - whether to record window state changes.
Hit Record to launch the app with the recording toolbar docked at the top. Notice that steps are added to the test as actions are taken within the application.
Close the application to stop recording.