As promised, here is the source code to Conference Junkie, the suite of .NET based applications we demoed during last Friday's Integration Webinar. I've detailed everything required to get the code up and running below. All of this information is also contained within a readme.txt file included with the project.
Download Conference Junkie Source Code - 3.25.2010
Microsoft Tools & SDKs Installation Instructions
Some of these projects require that you download and install certain Microsoft Tools & SDKs. Here is a list of tools you will need, and their cooresponding download links.
- Windows Phone 7 SDK
- ASP.NET MVC 3
Telerik DLLs Installation Instructions
In order to successfully compile Conference Junkie, you can take either of two approaches. You can download and install all of the required Telerik products, or you can download their DLL only zip files, and extract the DLLs to the corresponding folder of this project. If you choose to install the Telerik Products to your machine, their DLLs will get placed in the Global Assembly Cache (GAC), and the project should automatically reference them. If you place the DLLs for each product in the corresponding product folders of this project's Binaries folder, it will work as well. This is because in the main version of this project, we've referenced DLLs that used to exist at these locations. In either case, here is a list of products you will need to download from the Telerik website.
Database Installation Instructions
EventTracker uses the standard ASP.NET Membership/Roles provider, and adds additional tables to persist its own information. To get started:
- Create a Database named "EventTracker"
- Run the "EventTracker.sql" script located in the folder: ./Data/
- Make sure to update the connection string in the EventTracker.Web web.config, otherwise you will be redirected to a page notifying you that it could not find the database.
- This project contains the data access layer. It utilizes OpenAccess ORM.
- This project is a silverlight application that contains the RadMap. It is responsible for displaying the available conferences on a map within the MVC application.
- This project contains a Telerik Report used for generating conference schedules.
- This project contains WebUI Test Studio based tests.
- This project contains the ASP.NET MVC application. It features support for adding/removing various things related to conferences. It also makes use of the EventTracker.DAL, EventTracker.Mapping, and EventTracker.ReportLibrary projects.
- This is a windows phone 7 project. It is responsible for displaying information about conferences to attendees.
- This is a core library referenced by both windows phone 7 projects. It contains code responsible for accessing the OData service.
- This is a windows phone 7 project. It is responsible for displaying information about conferences to organizers.
- This is a Sitefinity based web application. It contains a widget responsible for displaying conference information to website visitors.
Several projects can be utilized as the 'startup' project. Please note that the WP7 and Sitefinity applications make use of the OData web service exposed by the ASP.NET MVC application. Due to this, you will need to start that application first. You may also need to update various portions of the code to point correctly to the OData service.
- EventTracker.Web - ASP.NET MVC Web Application
- EventTracker.WP7.Attendee - WP7 Attendee Application
- EventTracker.WP7.Organizer - WP7 Organizer Application
- SitefinityWebApp - Sitefinity Application