Are you completely new to functional web testing? Don’t know where to get started? If so, please mark off your calendar for a three day series of webinars June 26th, 27th, and 28th. I’ll be hosting these webinars from 11AM – 12PM Eastern US.
This series is targeted to individuals or teams just getting started with web automation—although more experienced folks may learn a few things too!
I’m still fleshing out the agenda and content, but here’s a few of the things you can look forward to learning about:
- Automation’s purpose/fit in your overall quality and testing strategy
- What a web page looks like under the covers, and how Test Studio interacts with it
- What a page’s lifecycle is, and why you need to know about it
- Understanding element locators, and why it’s so important to understand them well
- Dealing with dynamic content like AJAX
- Designing and implementing great test cases
- Why you’ll need close collaboration with your entire team
- Learning to build a backing framework
- Keeping your tests reliable and lean
- Learning why it’s important to not test everything—and learning the sorts of things to not test!
- Data driving tests to flesh out coverage
- Working with baseline data sets
- Understanding teardown and setup actions
- Working with source control
- Surviving and keeping your sanity as your test suite grows in size
These webinars are intended to be “Lunch and Learn” sessions: informal but with a lot of information flowing. I’ll be leaving plenty of time for questions, too! Register today!